Friday, April 3, 2009

Troy and Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital of Michigan are running so lean they are sacrificing care?

Has anyone else found this to be true? I just spent 5 days there and every department was so over loaded the wait for care was very excessive. When I was scheduled to be discharged they sent my nurse home and made me wait 3 hours til another nurse was available. Lab results took extra days because they were understaffed. The rooms were not clean because housekeeping was understaffed. Nurses kept apologizing that it took to many hours to reset IV alarms, change IV, issue meds, and update report information because they were understaffed. Of course the food was hospital grade and always cold because the transporters were understaffed. Radiology reports were delayed because of the same issue. My insurance will not get a discount for the hospital saving money and I have to transfer to another hospital because they were not able to diagnose my health issue (nurses kept apologizing and suggested to go else where).



In the US we pay for health care it has always been like this. I love the Royal Oak Beaumont hospital. I think they do a great job. I live in Detroit and when sick and injure I make my way to them. Even though Detroit have 8 hospital in the downtown area and is consider some of the best in the world I still consider St. John and Beaumont better for the type of needs that I require. I'm willing to pay a little extra for the service and perks they give. I never had a problem. Maybe you should call the patience relation department and complaint.




You know it is like this all across america and canada now..It is frustrating but what helps me deal with it is realizing we still have it very good compared to so many overseas hospitals.Go onto websites about foreign hospitals and especially in third world countries and when it feels like you are being neglected this will help..OK

No comments:

Post a Comment